Monday, July 27, 2009

TABERNACLE PRIEST

What a joy it was to fill in for Dr. Jim at Gaither BC while he and Virginia were away at a Bangladesh missionary reunion. I really enjoy speaking about the Old Testament tabernacle. I enjoy getting into costume, and taking folks back in time about 3300 years or so. There is so much information about the tabernacle from the Scripture and Jewish writings in the Mishna and the Talmud.

By The Way it is not just information we deal with when discussing the tabernacle, it is a beautiful application of Old Testament typology of New Testament truth concerning the necessity of sacrifice in order to approach God. Christ is both the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world, and also the High priest who in type performed the sacrifice on Yom Kipper (the Day of Atonement).

The tabernacle was a place where God demonstrated his living presence in the glory cloud, and showed the way for sinful man to approach a holy God.
Bro. Jim did such a great job putting together the model of the tabernacle. I will be sharing this message Sunday morning, August 9 at Burlington Baptist Church. I will be sharing it again at Western Grove Baptist Church on September 20, and in a revival in Paducah, KY on September 27, with Bro. Jim and I teaming up on a meeting.
Contact me if you are interested in this teaching, or other first person Biblical characters, or revival meetings and evangelistic crusades.
BLOGTHOT: IN THE OLD TESTAMENT GOD HAD A TABERNACLE FOR HIS PEOPLE, NOW GOD HAS A PEOPLE FOR HIS TABERNACLE

1 comment:

Jim said...

BroCo Ray,
Thanks for filling in for me last Sunday and doing the "Tabernacle" presentation. I look forward to seeing it myself.

We had a great time on Fam Vacation and the retreat.

Later,
BroCo Jim