Monday, February 1, 2010

WALKING AND PRAYING MY WAY TO ISRAEL (10)

I got out of the house today and ran around doing errands . The main roads were clear of snow and ice, but not all the side roads were, nor were all the parking lots. On those surfaces I could not always see where the center line was, or when parking could not always tell if I was between the lines. But I was doing the driving, and doing my best. There were some whose cars were in ditches or parked in odd positions. Their best was not quite good enough. But what are you to do when you travel territory that is unfamiliar, and you are the one behind the wheel? …Maybe nothing when it comes to traveling the streets and roads around town.

But By The Way if we are talking about traveling the street, the road, that leads to that Golden City, the New Jerusalem, we can do something. In fact we must do something. In John we find this exchange between Jesus and Thomas.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

When Marie and I moved to Kentucky in the mid-80s to pastor in Manchester, I soon discovered that there was very little flat ground and no straight roads. Every road had several forks and I must say I found myself lost many times just trying to find the residence of a church member. So, one day I ask my pastor friend, Roger Williams, who was from that area, to take me on a tour and show me how to get from place to place. I did not get lost that day, I never felt nervous or anxious about where we were even though it was often unfamiliar territory to me. The reason was simple. Some one who had passed that way before was under the steering wheel. Roger Williams was "my way."

Jesus is our Way. In fact He is the only way. And he must be the one doing the driving or leading. If he is our way, we can rest in Him and not be anxious or nervous, because He has been that way before.

THOT: IF JESUS IS YOUR CO-PILOT YOU BETTER SWITCH SEATS

1 comment:

Jim said...

Ray,
Right on! If Jesus "is piloting" the vehicle of my life, the way will be right, the direction and speed true, and it will be in the way of abundance of blessing. He is powerful and He is GOOD!

Jim-Dad