In my blogs I have often used physical realities to express the truth of spiritual realities.. But the fact is, with God there is no harsh dividing line between the physical and the spiritual. All that we are and all that we do intersects with the spiritual.
I remember attending a conference with Marie and several couples from Illinois at what was then a church in Florida where Dr. Peter Lord was pastoring. It was a wonderful retreat. I remember Bro. Lord asking us in one morning session how many spiritual things we had done that day. A few hands went up, and upon asking them the number of spiritual things they had done; some rather embarrassingly would say one, or maybe two, and at the most three. They were thinking about their morning devotional, or maybe a kind word they said to a friend or to their spouse.
Then Bro. Lord asked, “How many of you brushed you teeth this morning?” Every hand went up. Then he said, “Is brushing your teeth a non-spiritual activity?” He reminded us that the Scripture says that “whether we eat or drink or what ever we do we are to do it to the glory of God.” He indicated that some how we had gotten confused between a spiritual activity and a “religious” activity. “All we do is spiritual if it fits into God’s overall plan for our lives.” Dr. Lord emphasized.
By The Way I gave you all of this to get to my point. We have been talking about walking with God. But we seem to always make the emphasis a “spiritual walk.” Well, physical walking is spiritual, if that is what the Lord wants you to do. And beyond that, it reminds us of this body that God created. Just to analyze it gives glory to God. I have a paper written by a pastor friend of mine I was in seminary with and have helped in numerous revivals. I include his paper entitled The Human Machine, by Tim Adams because it emphases the power and wisdom of God in creating us. Our body is an example of the spiritual genius of God
THE HUMAN MACHINE
“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
The Human Machine is an 8-part miracle machine of creation:
• 200-212 I-Beams, Angle, U-Joint type material called bone, built to withstand several pounds of pressure.
• 14 types of mechanical motorized, electrically generated aids to ambulation in all directions.
• 1000’s of miles of expandable state of the art leak-resistant plumbing, half with dependable one-way valves, connected to a super pump in miniature model, built for 24 hour service, maintaining constant respiration, nourishment, disposal and cosmetic functions through circulation of 4 quarts of lubricant/cleaner a the rate of 70-80 BPM
• An Internal Waste Management System comprised of 1 self-emptying storage tank for liquid disposal and 27 feet of absorptive lining for the transport and expulsion of semisolid waste.
• A four-part equalized chemical balance injection system built for lifetime automatic revisions in the human model without need for recall to the factory.
• A microscopically integrated internal communication network connected to a central receiving and response station far outranking the complexities of any computerized modern metropolitan phone system.
• All neatly wrapped in two layers of he toughest, thermal protective regenerating covering called skin.
THE HUMAN MACHINE RETAIL PRICE: $$$ Priceless.
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeding goodly pearls: Who, when he had found ONE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.” Matthew 13:45,46
THOT: WHEN GOD BREATHED INTO MAN’S NOSTRILS THE BREATH OF LIFE WE BECAME A SPIRITUAL BEING.